Crispy, healthy, and jaw-droppingly delicious. Cauliflower falafel testes so authentic and can be made in the oven or on the stove! Paired with our homemade tzatziki sauce and a fresh Greek salad and you have the perfect meal for any day of the week!
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||30 minutes|
|Passive Time||40 minutes|
- Tzatziki Sauce to serve (see recipe on our website)
- 3 cups cauliflower florets uncooked
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 3 tbsp coconut flour
- 2 eggs
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup packed fresh parsley chopped
- 4 tsp coriander
- 4 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- avocado oil for stovetop and oven instructions
- Make Tzatziki Sauce in advance (see recipe on website) if you are planning to serve it with the falafel, and chill until ready to use.
- Place cauliflower florets in a food processor or blender, and process until finely grated and sticky. This should yield about 2 cups.
- Transfer to a large mixing bowl and add the rest of the ingredients, except avocado oil and tzatziki sauce.
- Mix well and shape into about 20 falafel balls or patties (patties will work better for pan-frying).
- Cook according to the instructions below and serve with homemade Tzatziki Sauce.
Oven Baked Method
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F and generously grease a baking sheet with avocado oil (I used about 2 tbsp).
- Place the falafel in a single layer on the baking sheet and spray the top of the falafel balls with cooking oil.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then flip. Spray the other side with cooking oil and bake for 15 more minutes until golden and crispy.
Pan Fried Method
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and add 2-3 tbsp of avocado oil.
- Add the falafel patties in a single layer (work in batches if you need to) and pan fry for 3 minutes.
- Flip, and cook for 2-3 more minutes until golden and crispy.
Share this Recipe